Now Nokia 7.1 users can rejoice, as there is interesting news for you. Nokia has begun to introduce an OTA update for Android 9.0 for Nokia 7.1. We already know that Nokia offers one of the fastest updates for Android for all OEMs around the world. In addition, HMD Global announced that all Nokia phones will now be included in the Android One program. It also helps to quickly get updates, as this is Android Stock without any changes. In addition, Nokia has already released an Android Pie update for some of its devices, and Nokia 7.1 also joined the list.
Speaking of Nokia 7.1 Android Pie update, it’s basically the same version of Android Pie as on Google Pixel devices. Therefore, you can expect all the features that you see on Google Pixel phones to be present on your Nokia 7.1. Android Pie, if you do not know, this is the latest Android version with Android version 9.0. This version of Android was announced by Google on Google I / O 2018. Later, in August, Google officially announced Android 9.0 Pie for Google Pixel and Nexus devices. Some of the highlights of Android 9.0 Pie are features such as sectors, adaptive battery, application activities, and digital well-being.
- Before installing this update, it is recommended to back up your device. Then, even if something goes wrong during the installation process, you can always go back to the previous state.
- Another important step is to install ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Make sure your Nokia 7.1 device has a battery percentage of over 50% so that your device works during the entire installation.
Download Android Pie OTA.zip for Nokia 7.1
How to install Android Pie OTA Update on Nokia 7.1
- Download the attached OTA file in the “Downloads” section.
- Then open the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed on your PC.
- Press the Shift key on the keyboard and right-click on any empty space in this folder.
- Now click “Open command prompt window here” in the right-click menu.
- Type the following command in a command prompt window
adb restart recovery
- Now, when you restart, you will see the No. command logo. When you see this, keep pressing the power button and press the volume up button once to start recovery mode.
- Now go to the “Apply ADB Update” option by raising and lowering the volume keys and selecting using the power button.
- On the computer, enter the following command to download the OTA zip code to your smartphone.
adb sideload 334d1cc386fe50875f1ae3daa8fd8fbddf75716d.zip
- Press Enter and the OTA Zip file download process will start.
- When you successfully complete the download, reboot the device in the system.
- You will now see that your Nokia 7.1 has been updated to Android 9.0 Pie. To confirm your current Android version, go to Settings>
- About Phone and check the current Android version, which should be Android 9.0 Pie.