Most high-end phones come with IP certification and claim to be water and dust resistant. Samsung Galaxy S7, S8, S9 and Note 9 also come with IP68 (6 for dust and 8 for water). If you find a humidity error in the charging port of the Samsung Galaxy S7, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S9 and Note 9, here we will explain how you can fix it.
One of the things that modern smartphone makers use as the sole selling point of their high-quality devices is the addition of a “waterproof” feature to them. Everyone wants to have a phone that does not refuse to work properly or dies forever if it accidentally touches the water. In fact, people want a phone that allows them to take pictures underwater.
Sony has been producing waterproof devices for many years, especially the Xperia Z series. Personally, I stopped trusting the waterproof technology used in modern smartphones, since my Xperia Z3 got into the world of the dead soon after diving it into a bucket of water to prove Sony’s claim that the Z3 is waterproof, It happened the same day when I bought the device, and, refusing to replace or repair my new phone, the service center added salt to the wound. I used to have the Galaxy S6 Edge, S7 Edge and S8 Plus, and now I have the S9 Plus, but I never had the courage to try any of them.
In fact, water is the biggest enemy of electronic devices, and making a phone that can survive in water, even with a certain duration and pressure, is not an easy job. Since it is impossible to imagine a smartphone without stereo speakers, a microphone, a headphone jack and a charging port, it is also difficult to imagine a phone without openings.
With the launch of the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge, Samsung has brought IP68 certification to its flagship range. This means that these devices can withstand water pressures up to 1.5 meters within 30 minutes. Galaxy S8, Galaxy S9 and Note 9 are also resistant to water and dust.
Samsung makes extensive use of gaskets, adhesive stickers and seals for the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge, Galaxy S8/S8 Plus, Galaxy S9/S9 Plus and Note 9 to protect internal components and prevent water or moisture from entering the device. As for the speakers, Samsung installed a mesh grid to prevent water from entering. To save the device from a possible short circuit, the power connector of the Galaxy S7 works with software that gives the signal to stop responding.
How to Fix Moisture Detected Error on Samsung
- The first thing you should try is to properly clean your device with a soft cotton cloth and shake it with the charging port down to remove excess water from the USB port.
- Use a vacuum to vacuum all ports: charging port, speaker, auxiliary port, headset speaker, buttons of any hole. If you do this, you can correct the “detected moisture” error on your device.
- Do not allow air to enter the charging port, as water or moisture may enter the device. Try a hair dryer instead of evaporating water and getting rid of moisture. Be sure to keep the temperature of the hair dryer at a low or moderate level so that the device is not damaged by heat. Set the temperature level of the dryer to “1” or “2”. Your goal is to eliminate only moisture, remember! Use the dryer for at least two to three minutes and operate the cargo port at different angles. Now take a dry cloth and try to clean any possible moisture left in the USB port.
- Now take a dry cloth and try to clean any possible moisture left in the USB port.
- You should be familiar with the high-quality rice to absorb the moisture of things. Put your device in the rice box for 30-60 minutes, which will also help you solve the “detected moisture” problem. Give him a chance!
- Get a tampon with alcohol and gently transfer it to the USB port. Let dry for a few minutes.
- If cleaning a cloth, diving in rice or a trick with a hairdryer does not work, there is one more thing you can try. Take a set of tweezers and lightly press down on the plastic element that holds the pins inside the charging port. In addition, lightly scratch the contacts with tweezers to eliminate possible corrosion on them. I warn anyone who wants to try this to be very gentle and careful when trying.
- Using a different charging cable may also work.