One of the many uses is to simply record a call to record notes later. But the fact is that if you have an Android smartphone, recording calls is quite simple, but not as easy as you think. This usually requires a third-party application due to the lack of the built-in call recording feature of Android. Thanks to the developer XDA developers, now you can enable call recording on the LG G6 and LG V30.
- A rooted LG V30.
- You will need a file browser that can handle root operations. Here are some suggestions.
How to Enable call recording on LG V30 & LG G6
The recognized developer XDA developers actually created a process for the LG G6 with Android 8.0 Oreo. XDA senior member of the bronze tested it on his LG V30 and confirmed that the method works. It has been tested on the H930DS model, which launches Android 8.0 Oreo 20B firmware. Therefore. Theoretically, it should work in other versions of the LG V30. You need to install the APK call recorder as a system application in a specific root directory. The same method and the same application also work for the LG G6.
- Download LGInCallUI.apk, linked above, in the “Downloads” section.
- Launch your favorite file browser, which can perform root operations and copy or cut the LGInCallUI.apk folder.
- Go to the / system / priv-app / LGInCallUI / folder and paste in the LGInCallUI.apk file here. Overwrite / replace LGInCallUI.apk already on request.
- Press and hold the APK and select “Properties.” Most file managers will allow you to change permissions here, but the method may be different for yours. For example, we will use the Solid Explorer File Manager. Click the ATTRIBUTES tab.
- Set the permissions for LGInCallUI.apk to 0644 or rw-r-r-. Use the screenshots below for reference.
- After you confirm the permissions, you can close the application.
- Reboot the device for the changes to take effect.
Enable call recording on LG G6 and LG V30 via TWRP
For those of you who have TWRP recovery installed on your LG G6 and/or LG V30, you can also use it to directly update the mode and let it take care of placing the file in the right place and set the correct permissions.
- Download flashable_call_recording_v20c_xpirt.zip from the “Downloads” section.
- Reboot the device in recovery mode and select “Install” on the TWRP main screen.
- Scroll and select the downloaded zip file, then slide it down to display it.
- When the flashing is complete, select “Restart System”.