We are following the official release of MIUI 10 for several Xiaomi devices. For most of them, MIUI 10 brought new features, but in addition to the same previous version of Android, the devices already worked. Official update MIUI 10 Global for Xiaomi Mi 8, although it carries all the advantages of Android Pie. We have already seen what you can expect from an update when it was released as a beta version in Little F1, and then as a stable version. Since Mi 8 and Little F1 are very similar, you can expect the same from Xiaomi Mi 8. We also saw the advantages of this similarity earlier with Google camera ports.
The only difference between all the other MIUI 10 and My 8 updates may be the version number. Xiaomi Mi 8 gets MIUI 10.1.1, which is clearly newer and better. You should soon see an OTA update notification on your Xiaomi Mi
How to Install MIUI 10 on Xiaomi Mi 8
To use TWRP, you need your Xiaomi Mi 8 boot charger to unlock it. If you already have TWRP recovery installed, you do not need to worry about the bootloader, since you have already unlocked it. If you still have not installed TWRP recovery, but you have unlocked the bootloader, we will guide you through the steps necessary to start TWRP recovery to update MIUI 10. When the ROM is flashed, it is recorded again with the Stock Recovery in TWRP recovery. Therefore, if you want to install TWRP recovery forever, it is better to install it after updating the ROM.
What You need?
You will also need ADB and Fastboot installed on your computer. We have installation guides for ADB and Fastboot on Windows, Mac and Linux. If you are using Windows, make sure that you have installed the necessary Xiaomi USB drivers.
- Connect the device to the computer using a USB cable and run the ADB. In Windows, you can do this by going to the adb folder and typing cmd in the address bar. In Linux or Mac, you can simply open a terminal window.
- In the ADB window, enter the following command to start it in fastboot mode. Adb reboot bootloader
- In addition, you can press and hold the power button and turn down the volume on the Xiaomi Mi 8 while it is off. This will also launch the device in fast boot mode. You should see something similar to what is shown below on the screen.
- Run the downloaded TWRP image on your phone now with this command: fastboot boot /path/to/twrp.img
- Replace /path/to/twrp.img with the location path and file name of the image. This step can be avoided if you move the TWRP image to the adb folder and change its name to twrp.img. This will reduce the command to fastboot boot twrp.img
Flash MIUI 10
- After TWRP is restored, transfer the MIUI 10 ROM file to the device via the MTP connection, if you have not done so already.
- If a user ROM is running on your device, you must remove it and install MIUI 10. To do this, select “Clean”> “Advanced cleaning”. Here, select the data, system, cache and Dalvik sections and slide them down to remove them. When the deletion is complete, return to the main screen. If the official firmware MIUI 9 is installed on your device, you do not need to delete anything except the cache, but this is also optional.
- Select Install on the TWRP main screen, and then select the ROM file.
- Swipe down to flash file.
- When finished, click the “Restart System” button.
Allow your device to boot, and you will be greeted with the new MIUI 10.